[D-community-offtopic] sad but true, Linux sucks, a bit

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat Jan 18 20:30:47 UTC 2014

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> And we shouldn't devalue human errors. Computers fail and humans fail,
> but only humans learn by their failures. AI networks have a learn mode
> too, but this feedback thingy is something completely different to human
> self-awareness.

Indeed.  In fact if you consider, it is this very self awareness that can
if we so choose result in innovations  like computers in the first place.
The willingness through imagination  to explore and experiment.  the
ability even desire  to try, fail and
try again that  at least for now, distinguishes us from our creations.
In fact, is it not this devotion to trial and error that produce Linux,
even with its flaws and to my mind goofiness in the first place?
It is this very ability to learn from trial and error  that gets added to
the computer operating
systems in the movie "her," that I referenced before.  The computers learn
from the humans who use them, with interesting even sexually interesting
results.
Kare