[D-community-offtopic] sad but true, Linux sucks, a bit

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Jan 18 21:37:02 UTC 2014

On Sat, 2014-01-18 at 15:30 -0500, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2014, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >
> > And we shouldn't devalue human errors. Computers fail and humans fail,
> > but only humans learn by their failures. AI networks have a learn mode
> > too, but this feedback thingy is something completely different to human
> > self-awareness.
> >

> Indeed.  In fact if you consider, it is this very self awareness that can
> if we so choose result in innovations  like computers in the first place.
> The willingness through imagination  to explore and experiment.  the
> ability even desire  to try, fail and
> try again that  at least for now, distinguishes us from our creations.
> In fact, is it not this devotion to trial and error that produce Linux,
> even with its flaws and to my mind goofiness in the first place?
> It is this very ability to learn from trial and error  that gets added to
> the computer operating
> systems in the movie "her," that I referenced before.  The computers learn
> from the humans who use them, with interesting even sexually interesting
> results.
> Kare

:)

Sometimes I have the good luck to work for elementary school children.
They ask smart questions and I learn by trying to answer their
questions.

It's not the knowledge we have that makes us "good", the doubt and
questions we have make us impressing beings.

And now I will search the web for that movie "her".