Article on swift, responsive computers

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Jun 15 19:34:14 UTC 2014

> On Sun, 2014-06-15 at 14:58 -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > http://www.troubleshooters.com/lpm/201406/201406.htm
>
> At the moment we IMO should stay away from Razor-Qt for daily usage, but
> it can't harm to install it and to monitor it's progress.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Razor-qt
>
> IMO much of the evil we Linux KISS principle nerds experience is related
> to the GTK/GNOME policy.
>
> I didn't read your block completely, but I will do ASAP. I guess I'll
> disagree with lots of your opinions, but I have to pass a compliment to
> you. You started to explain how to use the freedom of Linux userspace.
> Having a choice is hard for newbies. Your block might be not perfect,
> but since you're a pioneer of explaining this thingy, I have to give you
> a high five.
>
> :)
>
> Go on and expect some harsh critic from me ;).
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

"The only time I use Thunderbird is for troubleshooting diagnostics." -
from Steve's blog

Don't use Thunderbird/Icedove for troubleshooting. When I experienced
issues with Evolution for e.g. sending emails, I replaced Evolution's
internal thingy with msmtp. Any other sendmail thingy would be as good
too. Linux GUI MUA's usually provide their own email editors, but some,
at least Evolution, allows you to use any other editor (as mentioned
before, you also can chose any sendmail software). So if you like some
GUI MUA, take a look, likely you can replace elements that might cause
issues, so you unlikely need Thunderbird/Icedove for troubleshooting.

I don't know if the CoC allows to discuss such off-topics at
d-community-offtopic, but let's try to do it there. Currently the list
isn't closed.