[OT] Re: On why you should volunteer my way(?)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Mar 11 04:58:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-03-11 at 14:56 +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> > I know we have an OT list, but how about an
> > EGO-COMPLETELY-OUT-OF-CONTROL list?
> > Never mind that, how about
> > MEETS-DSM-CRITERIA-FOR-SEVERAL-MENTAL-DISORDERS?
>
> MEETS-DSM...-DISORDERS LIST!!! YOU left off the word LIST!
>
> I mean, spelling errors are one thing, but this is ATROCIOUS!
> Grammatical shortcomings WILL NOT be tolerated!

But I explicitly refer to "DSM-CRITERIA". The Debian user list is for
black and white, atheists, Christs, Moslems, gay, heterosexual etc. and
also for people who fit to something written in the DSM-5 or ICD-10.

Maybe Stan's wording was bad, maybe it wasn't bad. It just was one post
among others, no big deal. This one mail became a discussion with
arguments like, "mails as Stan's make people staying away from Linux,
they will use Apple and Microsoft" and "Stan has got a mental disorder".

Assumed the OP should feel offended by Stan's mail, the OP simply could
delete the mail.

If somebody with a Tourette's syndrome cross your path, would you feel
offended, if this person would "swear" or would you simply ignore it?