Application for asylum

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.debian.user at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:09:55 UTC 2014

On 13/05/14 20:48, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Scott, Reco, that's the problem, there is serious news in Germany
> too, but the "popular" news on the radio, on television and by the
> printed press tends to write nonsense like this. Other popular news
> are about weight loss of Federal Chancellor A. Merkel. There are no
> explanations, they simply repeat the bullshit again and again. This
> is done for brain washing. Do you know that a famous German soccer
> player is a criminal? Many people claim that it's ok, since he was a
> good soccer player, he is allowed to steal from the German folks.
> Visit the homepage of the EU. The EU Regulation that force HDDs to be
> "Green" HDDs, by far isn't the most worse EU Regulation. Europe is on
> the wrong track, it's a pity and makes me afraid.

Shock, outrage, amusement, gamification, poor impulse control,
push-my-buttons-show-me-a-sex-crime-im-not-a-perv-oor-horror-rich-people-got-wot-ive-not-bastards

You are not describing a German problem, you are describing a problem
Germans suffer too.
Welcome to popular kulture where the winner of the race to the bottom
gains the audience they deserve - and the audience grows fatter and
stupider while anxiously consuming the swill the box they're glued to
flogs them. (mmmn Snickers, and Pepsi, no I don't know why I like it but
I'm buyin it). But at least they aren't as stupid as the people on the
shows they watch. Oh wait.... it's a trap. Entertainment is not news.

So my question is not why is there so little Ukrainian news in your
German Entertainment - but why you don't look to Ukranian news for, um,
news about the Ukraine.
If I want to know about Germany I read Der Speigel. Seriously.

Kind regards