How to start an app by a terminal and to keep it running, when closing the terminal?

Richard Hector richard at walnut.gen.nz
Wed May 21 04:25:46 UTC 2014

On 21/05/14 15:51, Chris Bannister wrote:
> There is sometimes a fine line between whether a question should be on
> debian-user or an upstream support channel, e.g. a question about
> send-hook syntax in mutt belongs on the mutt-users list, whereas a
> question regarding character display *may* be a locales issue and
> therefore should be posted to debian-user.
>
> Of course, an absolute beginner wouldn't necessarily have the 'nouse' to
> troubleshoot whether the question belongs on mutt-users or debian-user.

I and I think most on d-u would have absolutely no problem with mutt
questions, bash questions etc. Even occasional hardware questions.
Asking questions that are specifically _not_ debian (eg ubuntu
questions) is frowned upon. But few of us have time to deal with
subscribing to a mutt list to ask a single mutt question. And mutt is
after all part of the Debian GNU/Linux OS.

Richard