Where to ask for help, when there is an issue with the MUA I use - Was: How to start an app by a terminal and to keep it running, when closing the terminal?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu May 22 02:43:17 UTC 2014

I'm using Evolution. I'm subscribed to the Evolution mailing list.

What list I use depends to the problem I'm experiencing and to the
version of evolution, that is installed.

1. Assumed I want to know something about the functionality, there are
likely more experts on the Evolution mailing list, than on the Debian
mailing list and it doesn't matter what version of Evolution I used.

2. Assumed something is broken for my Arch's Evolution, I would ask for
help at the Evolution's mailing list, since Arch does provide the
current version from upstream. It's the same for Debian jessie and sid.

3. Assumed something is broken for my Debian wheezy's Evolution, I would
ask at Debian user, since the Evolution mailing list seldom provides
help for such a completely outdated version.

If I would use mutt or Icedove/Thunderbird I would handle it as I do for
evolution. If I would use wanderlust http://www.gohome.org/wl/ I guess
any request at Debian user would be useless.