Debian fork

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 20:00:24 UTC 2014

On 10/22/2014 10:41 AM, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2014, Joel Rees wrote:
>> If the debian community is not unfriendly to a fork (particularly as
>> an alternative to the acrimony about systemd), why would some
>> discussion here be inappropriate?
>
> Because the fork would no longer be Debian, and it has nothing to do
> with the support of Debian. Debian has lots of forks and derivatives,
> but they were formed by people actually sitting down and doing the work,
> not agitating for the fork/derivative on Debian mailing lists.

Can I have an amen? I really want to learn more about systemd from other
users. I see a lot of rants but zero constructive tips. Darn tooting it
will be a LOT for a 65 year old brain to absorb. So, I'm just starting
on my own, which is a damn shame. I do see it has some potential to
solve some of the problems I run into with clustering regarding hardware
state, hot-swapping, and reboot on failure . Ric

Linux user# 44256