Re: OT: Our clothing kills - [Fwd: Unsere Kleidung ist tödlich]

Zenaan Harkness zen at freedbms.net
Fri Feb 27 20:48:25 UTC 2015

On 2/22/15, Unknown Crewman <unknown.crewman at rocketship.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 11:52:04 +0200 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>> On Jo, 05 feb 15, 18:38:13, Unknown Crewman wrote:
>> > Off-topic regarding Linux.
>> > I handle mails from Avaaz <avaaz at avaaz.org> as spam, but sometimes
>> > they have got a point.
>>
>> Have you tried unsubscribing?
>
> No, I want to be informed about the Avaaz activism. Avaaz is harmless
> activism. For my taste it's just too often not smart.

I think Avaaz and GetUp and similar organisations started around the
time the "occupy movement" got going.

All of these (including "Occupy") have strong smacks of "ineffectual"
all over them. GetUp is definitely politically driven, and I suspect
the others are too.

"Most humans" readily accept an outspoken 'leader' who promises to
'save the world'.
Thus it is easy to set up the FOG - the False Oppositional Group. The
group that pretends to oppose problems, but is really just a front for
the conservative status quo. And humans keep falling for this over and
over again.

Pretty sad really.

The alternative is accepting that each of us must personally play an
active, if small, part. And that's the problem - 'most humans' are not
willing to play any active part, except possibly adding their email
address to a list "signing" something.

"Oh how I wish someone would do the right thing for once - the bloody
government, the damn GetUps and Avaaz, if they'd just do those things
which actually would much a change to -fix- the problems. They're all
corrupt and in conspiracy with one another, and that's why we have so
many problems - not because I am unwilling to help, but because those
who help themselves to the pig trough keep helping themselves to the
pig trough. They're the ones who are the problem. If only -they- would
stop."