OT: Our clothing kills - [Fwd: Unsere Kleidung ist tödlich]

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Mar 3 11:19:34 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 10:55:31AM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Ma, 03 mar 15, 15:31:10, Chris Bannister wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 02, 2015 at 04:07:45PM +0100, Unknown Crewman wrote:
> >
> > > I only agree that electioneering often is useless and chain of beacons
> > > and Easter marches always are useless.
> >
> > What do you mean by useless? Probably 90% of what the human race does is
> > "useless"
>
> Sturgeon's Law?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturgeon%27s_law

First time I've heard of it. But after reading it I see that it's not on
the lines which I was thinking of.

For example, chasing a white ball round a special designated area, could
very easily, in some people's eyes be considered useless.

Driving round and round and round and round a special road for the
purpose of driving round and round and round and round in wasting a lot
of petrol, could very easily, in some people's eyes be considered
useless.

So I was just trying to get Mr Crewman's explanation of useless.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X