[D-m-team] Giving people time to react (Re: debian-maintainers_1.17_i386.changes ACCEPTED)

Christoph Berg myon at debian.org
Sun Jan 27 15:35:53 UTC 2008

Re: Debian Installer 2008-01-27 <E1JJ5k3-0004xq-Lj at ries.debian.org>
> Changes: debian-maintainers (1.17) unstable; urgency=low
>  .
>   * Added Debian maintainer Adam D. Barratt. Closes: #462747

|  SL 1,1K Jan 26 22:25 Adam D. Barratt newmaint   DM Application
| N   0,8K Jan 27 12:32 Debian Installe d-m-team   [D-m-team] debian-maintainers_1.17_i386.changes ACCEPTED

Hi,

I'm all for adding Adam to the DM keyring, but as a general rule, I'd
like the following rule to be added to the DM policies:

* Between the DM's application on the debian-newmaint list, or the
  filing of the respective bug on the debian-maintainers package
  (whatever is earlier), a full week should pass before a
  debian-maintainer package is uploaded that adds this applicant's
  key.

Rationale: Adam's application was sent Saturday night (CET) and the
corresponding debian-maintainers.deb was uploaded Sunday noon. Not
really the timeframe during which most people read mail. People must
be given the time to raise (and discuss) concerns.

Christoph
--
cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/