[D-m-team] Giving people time to react (Re: debian-maintainers_1.17_i386.changes ACCEPTED)

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Tue Jan 29 04:05:49 UTC 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 04:35:53PM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> I'm all for adding Adam to the DM keyring, but as a general rule, I'd
> like the following rule to be added to the DM policies:
> * Between the DM's application on the debian-newmaint list, or the
>   filing of the respective bug on the debian-maintainers package
>   (whatever is earlier), a full week should pass before a
>   debian-maintainer package is uploaded that adds this applicant's
>   key.

So far we've not done that and not had any problems -- the only person
that has been added and then had objections was removed before they had
the opportunity to upload. Adding delays to solve problems that don't
exist isn't a good idea; and every DM that does get added is advocated
by a DD already.

Cheers,
aj