[Dbconfig-common-devel] Tested CVS version

sean finney seanius@debian.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 18:22:08 -0500

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

hey andreas,

thanks for the input.

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 11:33:39PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
>  1) /etc/dbconfig-common/common is missing in package
>     Workaround in debian/rules
>         mkdir -p debian/dbconfig-common/etc/dbconfig-common
>         touch debian/dbconfig-common/etc/dbconfig-common/config

guess i didn't see that one because the file previously existed
on my system.  thanks for pointing it out.

>  2) Requires bashism in maintainer scripts
>=20
>     <pkg>: possible-bashism-in-maintainer-script postinst:7 '.=20
>     /usr/share/dbconfig-common/dpkg/postinst.pgsql <pkg>'

if i understand this one correctly, it's complaining about
sourcing a library and passing arguments to it at the same time?
if so, i'm not a big fan of this method anyway (it kind of blurs
the difference between sourcing and executing a shell script),
and as soon as i'm done with the cleanup after the current changes,
i'll probably be changing the behavoiur to be something more like

=2E /usr/share/dbconfig-common/dpkg/postinst.psql
dbc_go <pkg> <dpkg-args>

where dbc_go is a shell function defined in said shell library.  another
nice benefit about this is that you can then source the library at the
beginning, and execute the code later on if you so choose (which could
be helpful in a complicated debconf setup).

>  3) Some variables might not be replaced correctly
>=20
> /var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/config: line 27: =3D${database_type}: command not fo=
und
> dpkg: error processing gnumed-server_0.0.20041112-1_all.deb (--install):
>  subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 127

whoops, looks like an extra dollar sign there!

anyway, i've got most of the work done on 1.1 now, and will be
committing that after i've had a chance to shake out all the bugs,
bashisms, and typhos.  in the meantime, i'll commit a fix for (1)=20
and (3) into cvs.

thanks,
	sean

--=20