[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: dbconfig-common Problems

Karsten Hilbert Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net
Fri Jul 29 11:35:23 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 09:27:25AM +0200, RKI Andreas wrote:

> In the gnumed setup there will be no local system user for the database
> users and thus I can not use ident method but always have to use password
> authentication.
Wrong. This does the trick just fine for me:

pg_hba.conf:
============
# allow some people to impersonate "postgres" when connecting to template1
local   template1   postgres                                        ident postgres-alikes
# allow real "postgres" to connect to all databases
local   all         postgres                                        ident sameuser

# allow some people to impersonate "gm-dbo"
local   template1   gm-dbo                                          ident gm-dbo-alikes
local   gnumed_v1   gm-dbo                                          ident gm-dbo-alikes

# allow anyone knowing the password to connect as any-doc but
# don't let other people spy on the password
local   gnumed_v1   any-doc                                         md5

pg_ident.conf:
# MAPNAME     IDENT-USERNAME    PG-USERNAME
gm-dbo-alikes ncq               gm-dbo

postgres-alikes postgres        postgres
postgres-alikes ncq             postgres

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346