[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: dbconfig-common Problems

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Fri Jul 29 20:05:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Wrong. This does the trick just fine for me:
Uhmm, it seems that a lot has changed since I investigated more deeply
into the server installation.  At this time a password authentication
was required.  OK, I'll sit down and read the instructions again.

On the other hand this does not really change something regarding to
the fact that I think something should be changed in dbconfig-common
if password authentication *would be* needed.

> pg_hba.conf:
> ============
> # allow some people to impersonate "postgres" when connecting to template1
> local   template1   postgres                                        ident postgres-alikes
> # allow real "postgres" to connect to all databases
> local   all         postgres                                        ident sameuser
>
> # allow some people to impersonate "gm-dbo"
> local   template1   gm-dbo                                          ident gm-dbo-alikes
> local   gnumed_v1   gm-dbo                                          ident gm-dbo-alikes
>
> # allow anyone knowing the password to connect as any-doc but
> # don't let other people spy on the password
> local   gnumed_v1   any-doc                                         md5
>
> pg_ident.conf:
> # MAPNAME     IDENT-USERNAME    PG-USERNAME
> gm-dbo-alikes ncq               gm-dbo
>
> postgres-alikes postgres        postgres
> postgres-alikes ncq             postgres
Thanks for the hint

            Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de