[Dbconfig-common-devel] Populate database as different user.

sean finney seanius@debian.org
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 20:45:43 -0400

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

hi miguel,

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 10:33:12PM +0200, Miguel Gea Milvaques wrote:
> dbc_populate_as_user=3D(true/false)
>=20
> Populate the database as postgress always work, but it can not be useful
> for allbody. As example, if a database is using with a web application,
> the user will be forced to use postgrest user (it's not a good idea).

something else we discussed was splitting the install directory into
an "install" and "install-dbadmin", where install-dbadmin was for code that
had to be done as the administrator.  the nice thing about this approach
is that blocks of code could be seperated out so any admin-needing code
didn't force the rest of the code to run as dbadmin, which you've shown
can kind of suck for applications that want to run as anything but the
dbadmin.

anyway, i think what you propose here would also be good in other
situations, so no reason not to do both.

	sean

--=20

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK

--CE+1k2dSO48ffgeK--