[Dbconfig-common-devel] updating/installing when user and grants already exist

Tobias Grimm tobias.grimm@e-tobi.net
Sat, 14 May 2005 03:36:48 +0200

--------------enig369718DD2343FDB15FA4D37F

Hello!

When updating from an earlier version, which not used dbc, I run into
problems. dbc asks for the db user password and changes it in the
config. But it doesn't change it in the database.

Any ideas?

I think, the problem is, that dbc doesn't touch the user, if it already
exists. Should dbc be able to change a user or should I purge it (or
revoke the grants) before upgrading to the new package version with dbc?

The same problem appears, when you install a dbc-enabled package, then
purge it without dropping the database and then install it again. In
this case the user password isn't changed in the either, because the
grants already exist. But the password is changed in the config!

bye,

Tobias