[Dbconfig-common-devel] updating/installing when user and grants already exist

sean finney seanius@debian.org
Fri, 13 May 2005 22:43:12 -0400

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

hi tobias,

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 03:36:48AM +0200, Tobias Grimm wrote:
> I think, the problem is, that dbc doesn't touch the user, if it already
> exists. Should dbc be able to change a user or should I purge it (or
> revoke the grants) before upgrading to the new package version with dbc?

yeah, i think that's the problem.  in mysql, dbc checks for a user
by using the "show grants" statement, which not only checks the user
but also the permissions.  in pgsql, i don't think we're doing
that currently, which would probably cause this problem.

also, regarding using dbc in packages that previously didn't use dbc:
i'm currently working on making support for that a little better.
after this and the abort/retry work miguel is doing, i'm planning on
doing an upload into unstable too.

	sean

--=20

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM