[Dbconfig-common-devel] install-purge-reinstall problem with undeleted database

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 07:06:10 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I'm currently creating a new package using dbconfig-common, and I've come
across something I can't figure out.

I'm installing my package and creating the database, and then using a
generated php script to access it. If I then purge the package, and don't
remove the database, then the next time I try to install the package it
detects the database there, doesn't install any databases, and creates a new
generated php script with a new password that can't be used to access the
database, all without errors. Then I try to use my database and it fails due
to the incorrect password. Is there anything I can do to make this better,
or at least throw an error so that the user knows what has gone wrong? Is
there some way to tell dbconfig-common to change the database password to
the new one?

Thanks for a great package, it's sure made my life easier.

Cameron Dale