[Dbconfig-common-devel] lintian warning of missing template

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Sun Jan 15 11:15:22 UTC 2006

hey cameron,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 03:31:11PM -0800, Cameron Dale wrote:
> I found this in the documentation:
>
> XXX: add a note about how to ignore the lintian warnings about missing
> templates files.
>
> Currently, my package has this warning, and I'm interested to know
> what the correct way of dealing with it is. I suspect it's to add a
> lintian override, or perhaps a dummy template file.

currently, i put the following into debian/package.lintian-overrides:

# package uses templates from dbconfig-common, so this is a benign warning
package: no-debconf-templates

and then install the file into /usr/share/lintian/overrides/package as
part of the debian/rules build process.

however, the *real* fix would be to figure out how to get lintian
to automagically detect this... but in any case it's not a big
deal, as it's just lintian being trying to be smarter than it should be.
so if you're anal retentive and want to get rid of the warning, you
can do the above, or you can just ignore the message if you'd rather :)

	sean