[Dbconfig-common-devel] Why does dbconfig-common use a none exiting local user

Uwe Steinmann uwe at steinmann.cx
Wed Jan 18 17:27:52 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm doing my first steps with dbconfig-common and got to the point
where reading the source doesn't give me clue anymore.
I've got a very basic postinst script with just the necessary stuff
in it to create a postgresql database.
The problem arises when the database is populated. dbconfig-common
for some reason tries to use the database user as a system user
doing things like
'chown -R user ...' and 'su -s /bin/sh evita -c ...'
which fail because there is no such user.
I wonder what triggers this behaviour. Do I have to create
an equally named system user?

  Uwe
--
  MMK GmbH, Fleyer Str. 196, 58097 Hagen