[Dbconfig-common-devel] problems converting a package to dbconfig-common

Karsten Hilbert Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net
Sun Jul 30 15:19:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 09:05:30PM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:

> I have tried to convert the package otrs2 to dbconfig-common
Well, dbconfig-common is a *Debian* tool.

> * otrs2/pgsql/method: unix socket
Access to the database via UNIX domain sockets is chosen.

> FATAL:  Ident-Authentifizierung für Benutzer »otrs2« fehlgeschlagen
> FATAL: ident authentication failed for user 'otrs2'

Ident is the default auth mechanism for UNIX domain sockets
as far as PostgreSQL is concerned. It doesn't care what a
connection application (such as db-config-common) likes to
think.

So, unless you have *disabled* IDENT for unix sockets and
enabled something else such as md5 PG will expect you to use
IDENT or will not let you in.

> But ident authentication is *not* configured!?
I would re-check.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346