[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: problems converting a package to dbconfig-common

Torsten Werner mail.twerner at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 31 19:02:26 UTC 2006

Hi Sean,

On 7/31/06, sean finney <seanius at debian.org> wrote:
> http://people.debian.org/~seanius/dbconfig-common/dbconfig-common_1.8.18_all.deb
> (md5sum: 1b4c9159ca5340c59f266ad29f08621f)
>
> and see if the out-of-the-box install works now?

I am sorry but the new version is even worse than 1.8.17.

I have uploaded a version of otrs2 to experimental that worked with
1.8.17 in the default case (see first attachment) but not with
tcp/ip+password-auth (see second attachment). The package does not
work at all with 1.8.18. I have a nonmodified postgresql-8.1
installation except for setting a md5 password for the postgres db
user. I have verified the password with

psql -U postgres -h localhost postgres

Regards,
Torsten