[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: problems converting a package to dbconfig-common

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Mon Jul 31 09:38:45 UTC 2006

hey torsten,

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 10:09:30PM +0200, Torsten Werner wrote:
> On 7/29/06, Torsten Werner <twerner at debian.org> wrote:
> >I have tried to convert the package otrs2 to dbconfig-common without
> >success.
>
> db-test-pgsql-2.0 cannot be installed too (with dbconfig-common 1.8.17).

i've taken a look over the authentication detection stuff and i think
i've shaken a couple of bugs loose.  could you try with the deb
available here:

http://people.debian.org/~seanius/dbconfig-common/dbconfig-common_1.8.18_all.deb
(md5sum: 1b4c9159ca5340c59f266ad29f08621f)

and see if the out-of-the-box install works now?

also, i recommend that you look at the docs about dbc_firstversion and
dbc_load_include, which may help transitioning to dbconfig support
from existing installs.

	sean