[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: Status of "editing pg_hba.conf"

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Thu Jan 25 13:42:54 CET 2007

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> 	  ownership yet (we still support PG 7.4)

Nothing against supporting PG 7.4 upstream but I see no reason to
relay on features of PG 8.1 *on Debian installations*.  At least
I see no restriction here if we start packaging the GNUmed server
as a new package and do not have to care for upgrades from
previous packages.

> 	- this can be done by requiring md5 access
> 	  for gm-dbo even on UNIX domain sockets
> !!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, Check your keyboard.  I can read the same character 12 times.
;-) (SCNR)

> 	- for that, however, we need to edit pg_hba.conf
> 	- personally, I am fine with popping up an editor
> 	  with pg_hba.conf in it and showing instructions
> 	  on what to do

Well, popping up an editor in the install process is not a good
option.  The only option for manual intervention is a debconf
message that you have to read /usr/share/doc/gnumed-server/README.Debian
and follow the instructions there to get a functional GNUmed server.

Really, there is a problem with your '!' key.  Did it also happen
if you press '1'? ;-)

To conclude: I would be more than happy if we could get a conf.d
solution which would be the most flexible and very elegant.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de