[Dbconfig-common-devel] Any advice on preseeding the initial dbconfig-install/dbconfig-upgrade/dbconfig-remove prompts ?

Cameron Dale camrdale at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 23:56:24 UTC 2007

On 6/20/07, sean finney <seanius at seanius.net> wrote:
> first things first, dbc really ought to work out-of-the-box for noninteractive
> installs with "reasonable defaults".  the only previso currently is that the
> database server needs to be installed ahead of time... though hopefully in
> the future this will be resolved when apt/aptitude/etc fully incorporate
> including Recommends by default (assuming your package Recommends the db
> servers in question)

It's a little off-topic, but I didn't think this would work unless you
specified the database server as a Pre-depends (which is not
recommended). If you specify a Recommends on the database server, then
even using recommends by default doesn't guarantee that the database
server will be ready to use when dbconfig-common is trying to set up
the new database. Is this not the case?

Cameron