[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: Help: Skript is not called

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Sat Mar 24 23:05:34 CET 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, sean finney wrote:

> i've tried again, and i still can't reproduce the problem you're having
> with the script not being executed.

Thanks for investigating into this issue.

> i've tested both on my
> testing/unstable build machine and a dapper laptop, doing the following:
>
> - install the gnumed-common package from sid
> - download the gnumed-server-0.2.4.2 from your p.d.o page
> - remove the preinst script

I uploaded a new version to p.d.o where I removed preinst
according to your suggestion

I uploaded a new version to p.d.o where I removed preinst
according to your suggestion.

> - build the package
> - install it via dpkg -i

I tried the install with "2>&1 | tee > install.log" which is
avaliable as well at

     http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed-server/

> and it reliably fails with the "script exited with non-zero status" due
> to it not being executable.  what version of dbconfig-common are you
> using?

For install.log.bak I used the current Etch version.  I just
tried latest unstable version now (1.8.31). The result can be
found in install.log.  Both logfiles do not contain the string
"populating database" or anything else that might give a hint
that the script is called an the script

    /usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnumed-server-common/install/pgsql

is actually executable.

Perhaps we should try to meet in a chat to track down this.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de