[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: Help: Skript is not called

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Tue Mar 27 21:15:43 CET 2007

hi andreas,

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 23:05 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:

> For install.log.bak I used the current Etch version.  I just
> tried latest unstable version now (1.8.31). The result can be
> found in install.log.  Both logfiles do not contain the string
> "populating database" or anything else that might give a hint
> that the script is called an the script
>
>     /usr/share/dbconfig-common/scripts/gnumed-server-common/install/pgsql

but i do see a hint at what might be causing your problem:

+ echo -e '(postinst)' 'dbc_go()' gnumed-server-common configure
0.2.4.2-1.
(postinst) dbc_go() gnumed-server-common configure 0.2.4.2-1.

can you try purging the package and re-installing it?  the install
scripts/files only get run during a fresh install.  even an install from
"rc files" state from a previously removed version of a package will
prevent the install scripts from being run, since there's no way to know
in the postinst stage whether this is happening or whether a normal
upgrade is happening.

> Perhaps we should try to meet in a chat to track down this.

if that doesn't work, contact me privately for a time/place.  i'll have
a fair amount of time between now and the weekend.

	sean