[Dbconfig-common-devel] self-defined values for _DBC_DBTYPE_ in frontend's code

Michael Ablassmeier abi at grinser.de
Thu Sep 6 09:23:21 UTC 2007

hi dbconfig-common-devel,

were currently migrating from our debconf questions to use dbconfig-common on
the client site aswell, using the frontend code in our config and postinst.

The problem is: the php script of our application does check for the database
configuration, and expects to find MYSQL and POSTGRESQL to be set for this
value.

As it stands dbc_dbtypes nees to be set to "mysql, pgsql" in order work
correctly, otherwise usr/share/dbconfig-common/dpkg/postinst bails out
with the following error:

 > Creating config file /etc/zabbix/dbconfig.php with new version
 > /usr/share/dbconfig-common/dpkg/postinst: line 68: dbc_MYSQL_db_installed: command not found
 > warning: database package not installed?
 > dbconfig-common: zabbix-frontend-php configure: aborted.

it however, writes the correct value to /etc/zabbix/dbconfig.php:

 [..]
 <?php
 $DB_TYPE='MYSQL';
 [..]

would it be possible to introduce a new value like dbc_dbtype_value or
something in order to be able to define a custom value which should be set? Is
there another way to get this working? We dont want to mess with our
application's php scripts.

bye,
    - michael