[Dbconfig-common-devel] self-defined values for _DBC_DBTYPE_ in frontend's code

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Thu Sep 6 17:05:02 UTC 2007

hiya,

On Thursday 06 September 2007 11:23:21 am Michael Ablassmeier wrote:
> As it stands dbc_dbtypes nees to be set to "mysql, pgsql" in order work
> correctly, otherwise usr/share/dbconfig-common/dpkg/postinst bails out
>
> with the following error:
>  > Creating config file /etc/zabbix/dbconfig.php with new version
>  > /usr/share/dbconfig-common/dpkg/postinst: line 68:
>  > dbc_MYSQL_db_installed: command not found warning: database package not
>  > installed?
>  > dbconfig-common: zabbix-frontend-php configure: aborted.

yeah, i would not expect that to work.  there are also a lot of other parts in the code that have stuff like test "$dbc_dbtype" = "mysql" etc.

> would it be possible to introduce a new value like dbc_dbtype_value or
> something in order to be able to define a custom value which should be set?
> Is there another way to get this working? We dont want to mess with our
> application's php scripts.

i have two suggestions, both of which would work with the current version of dbconfig-commont:

(a) put some logic in your config file.  that is, you could easily modify your config file so that it sets the appropriate value:

<?php
	if($dbtype == "mysql") { $dbtype = "MYSQL"; }
	else ...
?>

or

<?php
	$dbtype = strtoupper($dbtype);
?>

(b) use dbconfig-common's template output to generate a temporary output file, and then pipe it through sed and ucf-register it yourself in your postinst

#!/bin/sh -e
dbconfig-generate-include -f template -o template-outfile=sometmpfile /etc/dbconfig-common/yourpkg.conf
sed -i -e 's/mysql/MYSQL/g' -e ... sometmpfile
ucf sometmpfile /etc/where-it-goes.php

hth,
	sean