[Dbconfig-common-devel] self-defined values for _DBC_DBTYPE_ in frontend's code

Michael Ablassmeier abi at grinser.de
Thu Sep 6 17:30:18 UTC 2007

heya sean,

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 07:05:02PM +0200, sean finney wrote:
> > would it be possible to introduce a new value like dbc_dbtype_value or
> > something in order to be able to define a custom value which should be set?
> > Is there another way to get this working? We dont want to mess with our
> > application's php scripts.
>
> i have two suggestions, both of which would work with the current version of dbconfig-commont:
>
> (a) put some logic in your config file.  that is, you could easily modify your config file so that it sets the appropriate value:
>
> <?php
> 	if($dbtype == "mysql") { $dbtype = "MYSQL"; }
> 	else ...
> ?>

indeed! this looks like a nice solution, i think im going to do it that way.

> (b) use dbconfig-common's template output to generate a temporary output
> file, and then pipe it through sed and ucf-register it yourself in your
> postinst

yes, ive thought about this one myself but i didnt feel like its a nice
solution, im using dbconfig-common in order to get this stuff out of our
postinst, messing with ucf again doesnt make it better ..

Thanks for your response!

bye,
    - michael