[Dbconfig-common-devel] dbconfig-common upload?

Daniel Hahler ubuntu at thequod.de
Tue Apr 22 20:08:36 UTC 2008

sean finney wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 April 2008 04:45:52 pm you wrote:
>> I've requested a sync of dbconfig-common for Ubuntu Hardy, which is due
>> to be released in the next days.
>>
>> We have currently 1.8.36 and 1.8.38 contains a lot of bugfixes.
>
> indeed it does!
>
>> Unfortunately, a new bug has slipped in
>> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=476949), which is
>> marked pending already.
>>
>> So, my question is: when do you plan to upload it?
>
> i'd say probably this weekend.  i've committed a fix but haven't tested it.
> if you're on a tighter timeline than that, i suggest building from svn and
> letting me know if it works for you.

Yes, the timeline is very tight. The "Universe" repository gets frozen
tomorrow, so I'll prepare an upload of 1.8.38 with this additional fix.

The fix itself works and is actually nicer than adding "|| true" to the
rmdir, like it was done before for the older entries.

I couldn't find a link to the SVN repo from
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/dbconfig-common/ - but Google helped
me out.
You may want to add Vcs-headers to debian/control on the next upload, too.

> looking at the open bugs, i think the following two would be wise to have
> fixed for a stable release:
>
> #476946: dbconfig-common does not honor preseeded values, if priority is too
> low
>
> (haven't verified this one)

Is this a regression? it is the only other bug tagged "Version 1.3.38" IIRC.
As far as I understand this report, this is the desired behavior -
during setup of dbconfig-common you're asked if you want to have
questions related to remote DB servers and it tells you that this
influences the default set of questions.
That should probably be different with preseeded values though.

Do you think it's sensible to push 1.8.38 (with the additional fix) for
Ubuntu, or is 1.8.36 safer (despite the number of bugs fixed in 1.8.38)?

Thank you,
Daniel.

--
http://daniel.hahler.de/