[Dbconfig-common-devel] dbconfig-common upload?

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Tue Apr 22 17:07:59 UTC 2008

hiya

(for future reference, please post such questions to the dbconfig-common-devel
mailing list on alioth: dbconfig-common-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org . i've
cc'd the list, hope you don't mind)

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 04:45:52 pm you wrote:
> I've requested a sync of dbconfig-common for Ubuntu Hardy, which is due
> to be released in the next days.
>
> We have currently 1.8.36 and 1.8.38 contains a lot of bugfixes.

indeed it does!

> Unfortunately, a new bug has slipped in
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=476949), which is
> marked pending already.
>
> So, my question is: when do you plan to upload it?

i'd say probably this weekend.  i've committed a fix but haven't tested it.
if you're on a tighter timeline than that, i suggest building from svn and
letting me know if it works for you.

> Are there other changes you plan to include? Any more known bugs?

i always reserve the right to fix bugs at any time :)

looking at the open bugs, i think the following two would be wise to have
fixed for a stable release:

#476946: dbconfig-common does not honor preseeded values, if priority is too
low

(haven't verified this one)

#463100: bacula-director-pgsql: crash cause memory leak?

(misleading title, basically want an opt-out for making db dumps)

but i invite you to browse through these and other bugs at

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=dbconfig-common

and review the remaining issues yourself.  patches/questions/comments are
always welcome.

	sean