[Dbconfig-common-devel] Why is dbconfig-common asking for the password of the database's administrative user?

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Mon Mar 31 16:53:25 UTC 2008

hiya xavier,

On Monday 31 March 2008 05:47:50 pm Xavier Luthi wrote:
> I'm giving a try to dbconfig-common to one of my package (i.e. pixelpost)
>
> I'm quite surprised when using dbconfig-common to configure a mysql
> database.  Why is it asking me for the password of the database's
> administrative user?

mainly because that is not the intended use of the debian.cnf file, and
there's no guarantee that it will (a) be there or (b) work for this purpose.
my memory is a bit rusty, but iirc there's been some discussion of making it
an option to *try* this, but i don't think there's been a patch that does
things the way i'd like to see it done yet.

	sean