[Dbconfig-common-devel] Why is dbconfig-common asking for the password of the database's administrative user?

Xavier Luthi xavier at caroxav.be
Mon Mar 31 15:47:50 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm giving a try to dbconfig-common to one of my package (i.e. pixelpost)

I'm quite surprised when using dbconfig-common to configure a mysql database.  Why is it asking me for the password of the database's administrative user?

In another package, I've always used the mysql command like this:
$ mysql --defaults-extra-file=/etc/mysql/debian.cnf [...]

This extra option allows one to connect to mysql with administrative privilege without asking the user for the password...  For me, it's easier as it remove an annoying question when installing the package...

Anyway, thank you for your work on dbconfig-common, it looks indeed very easy to integrate inside a package :-)

--
Xavier