[Dbconfig-common-devel] Configuring multiple instances of a package

Tim Stoop tim.stoop at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 11:51:45 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I'm trying to determine how useful dbconfig is in an environment that uses
some special settings for a package. In particular, I'm trying to do this
with phpbb3 (in Lenny), but the wordpress package would be a good candidate
too.

Situation:
Multiple sites using the code from the package (ie. multiple distinct
message boards), each needing a different database.

Problem:
Can I use dbconfig to create and upgrade (if necessary) all of these
databases? I don't mind some special tasks to be done when setting up this
package, as long as I can use dbconfig for creating new, upgrading old and
removing no longer used databases.

Does anyone have an example on how to do this? Or would this be beyond the
intended use of dbconfig?

Thanks in advance for your time!

--
Gegroet,