[Dbconfig-common-devel] Using the same package name for to packages

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Tue May 26 20:25:19 UTC 2009

hi daniel,

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 01:35:36PM +0200, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> Does the dbconfig-common manage multi-package with one configuration
> file ?
>
> The postrm hook need to know if another package is using the
> configuration file.
>
> I don't know debconf but is there a way to create an entry and use the
> owners attribute to track usage of the configuration file?

i took a look at the source package from the git repo[1] in the bug report
you referenced, and it looks to me like the problem is you're passing the
name of "backend" as the package name in the "frontend" package, which
probably explains why things are getting so mixed up in the postrm stage.

i'm a bit rusty on this code but i think you're supposed to pass the
frontend package name (and you can use hints, maybe even sourcing the
backend's config file if present, to help preseed the expected values).

	sean