[Dbconfig-common-devel] Using the same package name for to packages

Daniel Dehennin daniel.dehennin at baby-gnu.org
Fri May 29 09:09:45 UTC 2009

Le 5746 Septembre 1993, sean finney a envoyé:
> i took a look at the source package from the git repo[1] in the bug report
> you referenced, and it looks to me like the problem is you're passing the
> name of "backend" as the package name in the "frontend" package, which
> probably explains why things are getting so mixed up in the postrm stage.
>
> i'm a bit rusty on this code but i think you're supposed to pass the
> frontend package name (and you can use hints, maybe even sourcing the
> backend's config file if present, to help preseed the expected values).

Ok, it's done and works well, both packages source the other one
configuration file if it exists.

Another problem I have it to purge the database when I purge the
package. I create a configuration package which do in config:
db_set ocsinventory-server/purge boolean "true"

But the database and the user are still here when I purge the
package :-/

Any hints ?

Regards.
--