[Dbconfig-common-devel] Policy for database administrator

sean finney seanius at debian.org
Mon Feb 1 18:17:48 UTC 2010

hi daniel,

On Mon, Feb 01, 2010 at 02:00:16PM +0100, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> > If I change the root password and store it in "dbconfig-common
> > dbconfig-common/mysql/admin-pass" (using debconf-set-selections), when I
> > purge the package (with
> > "ocsinventory-server ocsinventory-server/dbconfig-remove boolean true" and
> > "ocsinventory-server ocsinventory-server/purge boolean true"), then the
> > remove fail due to wrong password.
>
> Any idea for this issue?

sorry, looks like a few mails got lost in the stack here.

if you set dbc_remember_admin_pass='true' in /etc/dbconfig-common/config
does it work correctly?  it's possible that pre-seeded passwords might
be explicitly forgotten during the debconf configuration of the package.

btw that corresponds to the debconf dbconfig-common/remember-admin-pass
debconf key, which you can also maybe preseed.

	sean