[Dbconfig-common-devel] package that must not manage a database but can write on it

PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Thu Feb 11 08:01:24 UTC 2010

Hello

I have two package

tango-db and tango-starter

tango-db contain a daemon which use Mysql to provide a service for plenty of corba programmes.
each time a corba program need to be run in our system it must be register in the Mysql database.

so the tango-starter must be able to connect to the database and populate a few tables during installation.
during the remove part it must not remove the database.

Is it as simple as not using
. /usr/share/dbconfig-common/dpkg/postinst.mysql in my tango-starter package ?

thanks

Frederic