[Dbconfig-common-devel] Read only access for all users to database

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Fri Apr 15 20:24:34 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-15 at 09:30 +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> Hi
> May I ask which features of dbconfig-common you are using than? And
> how do you prevent dbconfig-common to do the wrong thing (installing
> on a different host)? Aren't you better of handling this yourself
> (without dbconfig-common)? I'll keep thinking about it.

Hey Paul. As far as I know, dbconfig-common will create the database on
the machine installing the package on, unless I've been misreading the
documentation. That also appears to be what it has been doing
successfully with my package.

myapplication-database.config:

    http://pastebin.com/M1dxDavq

myapplication-database.postinst:

    http://pastebin.com/LSiaKHjX

If you want another client application to connect to the database,
wherever it may happen to be, the database package can generate
connection parameters via dbconfig-generate-include during the postinst
hook, as I do.

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred