[Dbconfig-common-devel] Disable database management

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Fri Apr 29 12:42:59 UTC 2016

Hi Daniel,

On 29-04-16 14:36, Daniel Dehennin wrote:
> Is there anything to do in postinst to handle the case where the admin
> opt-out dbconfig-common.
>
> It looks like there is an issue in sympa[1] due to the way the
> postinst[2] is written.

Yes, a package must not unconditionally use variables set by
dbconfig-common. I would say that the lines after 235 need to be in an
if [ "$dbc_install" = "true" ] && [ "${_dbc_on_error_option}" !=
"ignore" ] ;
fi
block.

But please also see my (today !!) reported bug 822945¹ against
dbconfig-common. I have the same issue in my package cacti.

Paul

¹ https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=822945