[Deb-scipy-devel] Re: New SciPy release, Numpy and matplotlib

Matthias Klose doko at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Feb 13 14:52:53 UTC 2006

Marco Presi writes:

> Hi all,
>
>    I am writing this e-mail to discuss about the new version of scipy (0.4.4)
>
>    I discussed this briefely with Alexandre on IRC, and he suggested to
>    synchronize the scipy upload with doko, as Numpy has been included in
>    SciPy and will unify and replace numeric and numarray.
>
>    Doko, do you have suggestions?
>
>    I was also thinking to include matplotlib among the packages maintained
>    by the deb-scipy group. If there are no objections, I'd push
>    matplotlib into the repository.

- please upload to experimental first, so we can make test builds of
  all packages rdepending on -numeric and -numarray.

  which packages did you try to build with scipy?

- I'd like to see that atlas3 is not the preferred dependency, it's
  not built on all platforms and rather large. The current
  numeric/numarray packages use something like:

    dh_shlibdeps -a
    sed -i -e 's/atlas3-base | lapack3/lapack3 | atlas3-base/; s/atlas3-base | refblas3/refblas3 | atlas3-base/' debian/python2*.substvars

- can scipy be built using gfortran?

  Matthias