[Deb-scipy-devel] Re: New SciPy release, Numpy and matplotlib

Marco Presi zufus at zufus.org
Sat Feb 25 16:57:00 UTC 2006

 || On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 15:19:44 +0000
 || Jose Fonseca <j_r_fonseca at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Hi all,

I just uploaded fixed versions of numpy, solving all the problem
reported by Jose. The are lintian free and built in pbuilder chroot.

I added an epoch so that it is possible to upgrade f2py (previous
version was 2.xx while now is 0.9.5)

The debian dir is also on the alioth svn repository.

The major problem I found, is that numpy is imported correctly only if
numpy, numpy-ext and f2py. Otherwise I get warning messages when
importing numpy. For example, if I don't install f2py I get:

In [1]: import numpy
No scipy-style subpackage 'f2py' found in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/numpy. Ignoring.

The same occurs if I don't install numpy-ext.

While initially (on Mathias suggestion) I removed distutils part I
re-added distutils part into the package, otherwise numpy import fails.

Do you have any ideas on how to fix the above problems?

Anyway, I think this could be a base to build the new scipy and
matplotlib packages.

If you dont' have objections, I would upload numpy in experimental.

Regards

Marco

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

"Videogames do not influence kids. I mean, if Pac-Man influenced our
generation, we were all jumping in dark rooms, chomping pills and
listening to electronic repeating music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989