[Deb-scipy-devel] Re: New SciPy release, Numpy and matplotlib

Jose Fonseca j_r_fonseca at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 23:26:09 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've uploaded to http://deb-scipy.alioth.debian.org/apt/ packages for
scipy-0.4.6 (amd64 only ATM). I based the packaging from the existing
python-scipy packaging, and not Marco's (which were based on the
python-scipy-core packaging).

I disabled all the previous scipy patches, as none applied. It is now
necessary to verify for each one if it has been merged, or if it needs
to be ported.

Marco, I had to make a tiny change to python-numpy for scipy to build --
numpy/f2py/src was missing (see patch attached).

I've commited everything to subversion too. I also revamped the Makefile
in subversion with some gnu make vodoo, which made it much more simpler.
Now one can do:

$ make binary-numpy
$ make source-numpy
$ sudo make install-numpy

and it will install only the .debs associated with numpy . Also do

$ make clean-numpy

to force rebuilding, without tampering with other packages. Same thing
for scipy. I also works with "pbuilder login" for a clean build
environment. I hope you also find it useful.

Regards,

José Fonseca