[Deb-scipy-devel] Re: New SciPy release, Numpy and matplotlib

Marco Presi zufus at debian.org
Sun Feb 26 10:19:38 UTC 2006

 || On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 17:32:11 +0000
 || Jose Fonseca <j_r_fonseca at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

 Hi Jose

	jf> Nice. The _orig.tar.gz is missing though.

        opss..:) Uploaded now

	jf> Distutils is also needed for building scipy. And as f2py and distutils
	jf> are now subpackages of numpy is difficult to split them...

        I agree. What about the -ext modules? Do you suggest to patch the
        numpy code in order to avoid the warning message at numpy
        import, or include them in the numpy package as well?

	>> Anyway, I think this could be a base to build the new scipy and
	>> matplotlib packages.

	jf> I'm now working on scipy.

        Great.

	>> If you dont' have objections, I would upload numpy in experimental.

	jf> No objections.

        Ok. I will upload in experimental a version in which also f2py
        is included in numpy.

        Ciao Ciao

        Marco

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

"Videogames do not influence kids. I mean, if Pac-Man influenced our
generation, we were all jumping in dark rooms, chomping pills and
listening to electronic repeating music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989