[Deb-scipy-devel] Updates for numpy

Marco Presi zufus at zufus.org
Wed Jul 5 22:48:55 UTC 2006

 || On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 22:17:47 +0100
 || Jose Fonseca <j_r_fonseca at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

	jf> Hi,
	jf> There is a new set of numpy/scipy packages for the new python policy in
	jf> the usual place.

	jf> I've exceed the time I planned to work on the package. I'm afraid I
	jf> really have to resume my work, and can't afford spending more time with
	jf> the packaging.

        I can continue to work on them next days (not full time...).

	jf> IMO, the major outstanding issue is that numpy&scipy are not finding
	jf> atlas libs in debian. The TODO.debian in python-numpy has more detail:

        [...]

	jf> This is not a showstopper, though. I believe that providing the new
	jf> version for debian users is more important, while this can wait.

        I have to finish a small fix on numpy (about missing manpages
        for f2py).

        After this I am ready to make an upload. If it is OK with you,
        after numpy hit unstable, we can upload scipy as well.

        In the meantime I will try to find a solution for the atlas
        problem.

        Thanks for your time,

        Regards

        Marco

--
"I videogiochi non influenzano i bambini. Voglio dire, se Pac-Man avesse
influenzato la nostra generazione, staremmo tutti saltando in sale

"Videogames do not influence kids. I mean, if Pac-Man influenced our
generation, we were all jumping in dark rooms, chomping pills and
listening to electronic repeating music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989