[Deb-scipy-devel] helping with scipy/numpy

Alexandre Fayolle afayolle at debian.org
Wed Aug 22 15:44:32 UTC 2007

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 07:42:44AM -0700, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to help with scipy and numpy packaging, since I use those
> packages and scipy is not installable for many months. I am not a DD
> though, but I can ask my usual sponsor of my python packages to upload
> them for me.
>
> I sent a patch making scipy build again into the bug report, but got
> no response. If there is noone willing to take over it, I can be the
> maintainer and make scipy work again. Please tell me what I should do
> officially.

I was away from keyboard during the past few weeks, and presumably so
was Marco. I shall look at your patch next week end and make an upload
if required.

Please note the upcoming release of scipy 0.6 which should sort out many
problems with numpy.

> Also, I noticed you use the Makefile to create the packages? If I take
> over the scipy, can I convert the svn of python-scipy into the
> standard form (i.e. using svn-buildpackage)? Because I think this is
> the way most people are used to having debian package in svn.

I can probably add you to the list of maintainers of the package if you
want. Do you have an alioth account? If not, create one and ask Marco
Presi (zufus at debian.org) to add you to the project.

Reprise et maintenance de sites CPS:     http://www.migration-cms.com/