[Deb-scipy-devel] bringing python-numpy into DPMT

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Sat Dec 1 23:16:41 UTC 2007

> I think it's mostly ready for upload, but we should also fix this annoying bug:

> After that, it should be ready. Of course we still need approval from
> the current maintainers (Marco or Alexandre or Jose or Matthias).

Hi, so the new package was uploaded, but the maintainer is still set
to deb-scipy.
However, still a lot of work needs to be done - the numpy vs numpy-dev
dependency needs to be fixed,
there should probably be a new package for f2py, the debian/rules is a
mess, it needs
to be cleaned up using the standards in the python-modules team, etc.
Also having the package
in DPMT has a huge advantage that there are a lot of people in DPMT
who will help
maintain the package.

Also, in the future, if it happens that nor I nor you have time to fix
some important bugs, if the pacakge
is in DPMT, someone else, like Kumar can just fix it and it will be uploaded.

So please let me know if it's ok and I change the maintainer and
delete the repository at deb-scipy (the new changes are now in DPMT
svn repo).

Ondrej