[Deb-scipy-devel] bringing python-numpy into DPMT

Alexandre Fayolle afayolle at debian.org
Sun Dec 2 20:02:10 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 12:16:41AM +0100, Ondrej Certik wrote:
> > I think it's mostly ready for upload, but we should also fix this annoying bug:

> > After that, it should be ready. Of course we still need approval from
> > the current maintainers (Marco or Alexandre or Jose or Matthias).
>

> Hi, so the new package was uploaded, but the maintainer is still set
> to deb-scipy.
> However, still a lot of work needs to be done - the numpy vs numpy-dev
> dependency needs to be fixed,
> there should probably be a new package for f2py, the debian/rules is a
> mess, it needs
> to be cleaned up using the standards in the python-modules team, etc.
> Also having the package
> in DPMT has a huge advantage that there are a lot of people in DPMT
> who will help
> maintain the package.
>
> Also, in the future, if it happens that nor I nor you have time to fix
> some important bugs, if the pacakge
> is in DPMT, someone else, like Kumar can just fix it and it will be uploaded.
>
> So please let me know if it's ok and I change the maintainer and
> delete the repository at deb-scipy (the new changes are now in DPMT
> svn repo).

It is completely ok with me. Please go forward.

I appologize for being unresponsive. I'm currently strugling with
serious real life trouble which leave me much less debian time than I'd
like. Hopefully, things should get better by the beginning of nex
year...

Reprise et maintenance de sites CPS:     http://www.migration-cms.com/